Sunday, May 3, 2009

a little bit of hating on blind faith

I really am not one to discriminate against people that believe something that I do not but I do have a bit of a thing for people who discriminate against others based upon a set of beliefs that they blindly adhere to. This most often comes into play in my life when I come into contact with people who blindly believe in god and all that he has decreed. In fact, there is nothing that I disagree with more than the twisted logic that hundreds of millions of god-fearing people on this earth use to decide what is right and what is wrong. Now, there are hundreds of millions of non-believers who also use grotesquely twisted logic when it comes to there decision making but those people are less united and, thus, it is hard to put a finger on one group of those people or one set of their beliefs.
Long story short, I stumbled upon this video on the youtube and I think ya'll should watch it. Now, it's not a new argument against blind faith but it is the most simplified, logical, and funny one that I have seen. It really does break down the argument against blindly holding unproveable things to be true, however ridiculous it sounds to need even need to make such an argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment